We are celebrating World Book Day here at Leonard Stanley Primary School on Thursday 7th March 2019. Children will be taking part in various fun book-themed activities throughout the day and leading up to the event.
• This year, our theme is ‘Favourite Bedtime Stories’, so on World Book Day, children are invited to bring in their favourite bedtime story to share with their friends during the day.
• To match our theme, children will be invited to wear their pyjamas and slippers to school for the day. They will need shoes for playtimes.
• Extreme Reading Challenge! We would like to invite you take a photograph of your child enjoying a book in the most unusual, exciting, fun and SAFE places. Google ‘extreme reading’ for ideas and also photos from last year are still available to view on our school website (use the search tool and type in extreme reading). There will be a school display and prizes for children reading in the most exciting places. Please email one photograph per child, with your child’s full name and year group, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st March.
• All children will be given a book token today which will enable them to claim a World Book Day book for FREE or receive £1 off a book priced £2.99 or more. These vouchers are valid from 28th February to 31st March so we will hand them out after half term.
• Your child will be participating in various book-themed activities in class during World Book Day so please check the school website shortly after the event to see them having fun with books!
Thank you for your ongoing support.
English Subject Leader