Our Value in Focus this term is THANKFULNESS
Sharing our 'Value in Focus' with pupils and parents
We use a resource called 'Home School Values' to help strengthen links with parents, by sharing with you the 'Value in Focus' for each term.
More information about 'Home School Values' and how you can explore the value can be found on our 'Home School Values' page on our website and by downloading them here using the following password: imgHsV0812
WHAT IS A CHURCH OF ENGLAND (AIDED) SCHOOL?
• provide a Christian foundation for their pupils
• develop a sensitivity towards other faiths
• aim for excellence in all aspects of life
• aim to be part of the local community, sharing its concerns and providing support
• promote positive relationships and a welcoming, caring atmosphere
`Aided’ School Governors, in addition to their normal duties:
• control admissions to the school
• decide on the religious education syllabus
• provide and maintain the school buildings
• appoint and employ the school staff
To find out more about the Diocese of Gloucester (whom Leonard Stanley Primary School is aided and supported by) go to the Diocese of Gloucester website. There is also information about the provision of schools by the Diocese available in the 'Schools' section of their website.
St. Swithun's Church
Leonard Stanley C of E Primary School is very fortunate to have St. Swithun's Church in Leonard Stanley situated a short walk from the school. The school uses the church for worship, celebrations and learning.
The church also runs free quarterly craft and activity sessions on a Saturday afternoon for pre-school and school children. These are organised and run by a dedicated team of volunteers. The details for which are sent home in your child's book bags a few weeks before the planned event. When you receive your form just fill out some contact details and return into school/Early Years.