History of the school
The old village school dates back to 1850. The school moved to its present site in 1970.
The school is set in an attractive, rural area, and its extensive grounds include a Conservation Area and a heated Swimming Pool, built in 1994.
The current building underwent extensive building works to extend the school hall and there was an addition of a Y6 classroom completed in 2004. Our Early Years Centre achieved National Lottery Funding in November 2002 and the Elliott Building (which is the location of our extended school status Breakfast and After School Clubs) was installed on site in 2003 which the school Governors took charge of in 2009.