Post Title: Year 4 Teacher (temporary to cover maternity leave)
Contract: Temporary to cover maternity leave
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 23rd October 2017
Interview: Tuesday 7th November 2017
Start date: Monday 20th November 2017
Overview – Leonard Stanley C of E Primary School
LSCEPS was judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted in Jan 2015 and now the school is on the journey to becoming “outstanding”.
The post holder will be expected to be an excellent teacher and to have a wide repertoire of expertise from teaching and learning to behaviour management. They must have a strong desire to achieve great outcomes for pupils and must show a clear understanding of the expectations of the Year 4 curriculum.
Job Specification for the Position:
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as described in the Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, including those duties particularly assigned to him/her by the Headteacher.
Teaching and Learning
• Show a commitment to maintaining or developing outstanding pedagogy within their classroom teaching performance, using a wide range of strategies to support this.
• Liaise with others to ensure curriculum continuity and progression.
• Promote high standards of learning behaviours, independence and self-discipline within the school.
• Deliver an exciting and enriched Year 4 curriculum, maximising pupil progress and attainment..
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Further develop own professional knowledge and skills by attending relevant courses, reading to keep abreast of current educational thinking and participating fully in school staff development.
• Be aware of, and work according to, the National Professional Standards for School Teachers.
• Attend meetings in accordance with school policy and prepare and present reports and other forms of high quality communication, as required, e.g. to governors, LA, parents, outside agencies.
• Be prepared to take on a curriculum responsibility during the period of employment.
The post holder will be expected to carry out all duties in the context of and in compliance with the school’s Equal Opportunities Policies.
From time to time the needs of the school will inevitably change. As a member of a dynamic school-team, the successful candidate must be prepared to change areas of responsibility, re-negotiate his/her personal job description with the Head Teacher to allow for the development of the school and his/her own professional and personal development.
Person Specification for the Position:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5 “0”Levels/GCE or equivalent
• B.Ed. Hons Primary or PGCE/Teacher’s Certificate or equivalent
• 3 “A” Levels or equivalent
• Evidence of further professional training
• Has taught in Key Stage 2.
• Able to maintain high standards of teaching and learning in the classroom.
• Has taught all National Curriculum Subjects recently.
• Has been responsible for a curriculum area.
• Has taught in Year 4.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
• Has a curriculum strength to offer.
• Has a variety of experience to offer the school.
• Has a variety of curriculum strengths to offer.
• Is able to offer a strength in Geography, History or PSHCE.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND PHILOSOPHY
• Energetic and enthusiastic.
• Understands how to maintain high standards of good behaviour in children.
• Has an open mind and is adaptable: will take on the established systems in Key Stage 2.
• Understands the importance of positive links with parents.
• Has an understanding of the principles of good Primary practice particularly at Key Stage 2.
• Will be a good team player.
• Good sense of humour.
• Clear vision and sense of direction.
• A sense of vocation and vision in harmony with that of the school and its Christian ethos.
• Has well developed ideas and philosophy for the whole primary age range.
• Has a wide view of the school in the community.
• Has a range of out of school interests.
• Has interests that have been used in school for clubs etc.
If you feel you can meet these requirements then we look forward to hearing from you and welcome your application for this post.
• Standard Gloucestershire Schools’ Application Form including evidence of clear, succinct thinking about the role of the Year 4 Teacher, outlining how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
Please return your completed application by 12 noon on Monday 23rd October 2017 by email to Mrs. Williams (School Office Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Leonard Stanley Primary School
• Excellent and unequivocal
Leonard Stanley C of E School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.