Sir Thomas Rich’s Open Evenings – 22nd September to 1st October
Sir Thomas Rich’s live Open Evenings take place over two weeks later this month, starting from 22 September and running on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4.30pm and 5.30pm.
Open Evenings at the school
· For: Pupils in Years 5 and 6 and their parents.
· Dates: 22, 23, 24, 29, 30 September and 1 October.
· Session times: 4.30pm and 5.30pm.
· Location: Sir Thomas Rich’s Gloucester, GL2 0LF (parking available).
· Families can attend in groups of up to three people (1 adult and 2 children or 2 adults and 1 child).
· Each session includes a welcome from the Headmaster, tour of the school and Q&A with current students and key staff.
· Pre-registration is essential, full details and booking available at www.strschool.co.uk.
The Open Evenings would be of particular benefit to boys currently in Year 6 who are about to sit the Gloucestershire Grammar School Admissions Test on 17 October for 2021 admission, as well as to Year 5 boys considering their secondary choices for 2022 admission. (Apologies, we are unable to accept bookings from parents of pupils in other year groups due to restrictions to the number of visitors we can currently have on the school site.)
We are very much looking forward to welcoming prospective pupils and their parents to the school. Please be assured we will be following Government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene.
Virtual Open Day – 22nd September
We are also launching an online Virtual Open Day on 22 September for anyone unable to attend a face-face session.
Full details and pre-registration for both the live and virtual events is available online at www.strschool.co.uk from Friday 11 September.
· Pre-register online to receive a link to the Open Day on 22 September.
· Full information and booking details are available on the school website: www.strschool.co.uk.
About the school and contact details
We are a selective grammar school, taking 150 boys into Year 7 who join us from Gloucester, the county and beyond. We have a mixed Sixth Form into which we have welcomed a current total of 150 girls. In every Ofsted inspection we have been judged Outstanding, and we pride ourselves on our reputation for academic excellence, the superb range of extracurricular opportunities we offer and the high quality of our pastoral care.
Our prospectus and admissions information booklets are available as PDFs at www.strschool.co.uk/admissions.
Parents are very welcome to email the school on email@example.com if they have any questions at all about admissions or any other aspect of school life.