Our Aims & Ethos
At our school, we aim to provide children with a happy, secure and stimulating learning experience underpinned by a caring Christian ethos. We believe that all children have the right to be respected and have the responsibility to learn how to respect others. As an accredited “Outdoor Learning School”, the fundamental importance of respect is of course extended to the world we live in; its peoples, places, plants and animals.
Our school strives to support and encourage our children to become confident, independent learners with a thirst to continually develop and progress in all aspects of their lives. We offer creative learning opportunities that stimulate, excite and enrich. At our school, we place the quality of relationships as a high priority for our staff, governors, pupils and parents and therefore, have the expectation that everyone within the learning environment will respect and support our school values.
We want the same things that you want for your child. In order to achieve this, we rely on our home-school partnership. We encourage parents and carers to get involved in the life of the school and the children’s educational journey. After looking through our website, please come and see for yourself, all that we have to offer you and your child.
At Leonard Stanley C of E Primary School we aspire to “Loving and Learning for Life, as Jesus Taught Us”.
• To monitor pupils individual needs and be in the forefront of curriculum development
• To maintain a high quality staff and Governing body, extending their skills through training
• To practice Christian principles through all school activities, giving high priority to pupil’s motivation, self-discipline and esteem
• To regularly monitor and evaluate teaching and learning and raise standards
• To provide the best possible working environment for children and staff
• To develop links with the wider community