Leonard's Learning Resources
Here you will find Y1 class learning resources and relevant information to view and download. Please check this page regularly for updates.
• Practise handwriting
• Practise sentence writing with our Year one targets of capital letters, full stops and finger spaces
• Read books: please read widely and freely
• Listen to and discuss stories
• Phonics – can you spot any friendly letters in words? Can you make some of your own alien words using sounds you know?
• Spellings – See list above
• Recognising and writing numbers to 100 (e.g. What is this number? Can you write 29?)
• Addition and Subtraction
• Counting money (Can you order the coins? Is the biggest coin worth the most? Who has the most money?)
• Telling the time (O’clock and half past)
It is important to be vigilant and aware to keep your child safe online. Please refer to this Keeping Safe Online document for guidance.
Gloucestershire County Council Online Resources for Parents – Includes resources support for the following: mental health and wellbeing, curriculum, reading, writing, STEM, culture & creativity, PE & sport, SEN and geography & history.
BBC Bitesize KS1 Specific Lessons
Launch of the Oak National Academy online classroom and resource hub
Fun games and teaching resources about microbes and antibiotics
Learning About Online Safety at Home – Activity Packs
Teach Your Monster to Read – or download the App from the App Store for phones and tablets.
If we’ve given you a password card (optional), then you can log in to your child’s game using these details:
Star code is 3710930
Player name and password is the same, it is your child’s name e.g. Player name: sam Player password; sam)
Oxford Owl – Ebooks
Practicing Number Bonds
Using tens frames to add (2nd activity on video)
Maths with Mum
Using tens frames and counters to make numbers (see 2nd activity)
‘Total of 10’ Card Game
Fractions of shapes
Finding fractions of amounts
Telling the time to o’clock and half past