Leonard's Learning Resources
Here you will find YR class learning resources and relevant information to view and download. Please check this page regularly for updates.
• Spend time playing with favourite toys and include talk about what they’re making, thinking, seeing
• Helping with ‘chores’
• Drawing and writing to family, friends, neighbours – listen & record what your child has said about their picture and / or writing
• Practising writing their name – please check for correct letter formation
• Home baking / recipes
• Playdough is easy to make and lasts for over month if stored in an air-tight container. This is great to help fingers develop fine motor skills needed for writing
• Talking about everyday maths – coins, shapes, patterns, counting to 10, 20 and beyond, pairs of numbers that make 10, one more, one less, bigger, smaller, more than, less than… so much maths language…
• Ordering items so they are first, second, third in size, shape or place
• Learning to dress and undress independently
• YouTube has plenty of songs, dances, counting rhymes, action songs the reception children will love… very useful and fun but limit screen time
• Play outside, observe nature
• Craft and creative activities are always fun – many children love junk modelling
• Noticing ‘People Who Help Us’
• And of course reading and sharing books, books and more books. Discuss favourite and new stories, what will happen next?, what did you like / dislike?, why did a character do a certain thing?, what would you do?, how does the character feel?
It is important to be vigilant and aware to keep your child safe online. Please refer to this Keeping Safe Online document for guidance.
Gloucestershire County Council Online Resources for Parents – Includes resources support for the following: mental health and wellbeing, curriculum, reading, writing, STEM, culture & creativity, PE & sport, SEN and geography & history.
BBC Bitesize KS1 Specific Lessons
Launch of the Oak National Academy online classroom and resource hub
Learning About Online Safety at Home – Activity Packs